The Blues DoGS Show Band are an eclectic group of scholars, doctors, lawyers, business owners, teachers and laborers who have a passion for music and the Blues. The DoGS have been entertaining audiences at clubs, festivals, fundraisers and concerts around the Northern Colorado region for over two decades. The band respects the tradition of the blues, rock, soul and R&B genres and explodes that tradition with musical layers full of energy and creativity.
The stage show is filled with an entertaining and danceable mix of blues, funk and R&B classics with a Blues DoGS twist that highlights the talents of all the band members. The DoGS have shared the stage with several stars including Kenny Wayne Shepherd ,Wynonna Judd, George Throgood, Glenn Kaiser and have played at the Greeley Blues Jam and three times at the Thunder Mt. Amphitheater.
The Blues DoGS Show Band have done community events for 3 decades in NoCo. including:
- Loveland Corn Festival…2016 ( Robin Steele, City of Loveland)
- Greeley Friday Fest…2016 & 17 ( Alison Hamling, City of Greeley)
- Thursday Night Live…2016 ( Brett Rindt , Bohemian Nights Org.)
- Simply Red…2013-17 (Gordon Coombs, Team Wellness & Prevention)
- Realities for Children Ride…2014-17 ( Craig Secher, Realities )
- The Respite Ball…2103-14 ( Le Anne Massey, Respite)
- Opened for Savoy Brown
- CSU Lagoon Series…2014,15
- Greeley Blues Festival…2014,16,18 (Pam Bricker, GBJ)
- Ft. Collins Blues Festival…2015,16
- FOCOMX…2014-2018 ( Greta Cornet)
- Fire and Ice…Loveland…2018 (David Beegle)
And pro bono fund raisers for:
- Habitat for Humanity
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- High Park Fire
- Well Water Project..TVHS
- Alzeheimers Assoc.
- Realities for Children
- Youth and Family Connections ( Greeley)
- Thompson Valley High School
- Holy Family School , Belize
- Save the Elephants
- Many individual fund raisers
In the last several years we have been privileged to play pro bono for events in NoCo that have raised over $1.3 million dollars total. Serving the community through music is the bands joy.
No one has more fun at a Blues DoGS event than the band itself. Their infectious energy and joy drive each and every show.
This high octane 11-piece show band features:
- Vocalists and front duo Kent Obermann with daughter Mehgan Castor
- Kent’s brother and harpist/vocalist Greg Obermann
- Bassist/vocalist Chris Kay
- Guitarists Jim Seely and Tim Gauthier
- Drummer Troy Harms
The “Horn DoGS ” horn section features:
- Gary Brunner on sax
- Matt Meuli on trumpet
- Tim Clarke on Trombone.